Ice Cream cookies ( Mocha Meringues) ~ the popular CNY cookies
Ice Cream cookies ( Mocha Meringues)
(recipe source: 温馨小屋 with minor changes)
110g egg white
70g icing sugar
2tsp coffee powder
2tsp cocoa powder
1/4tsp cream of Tartar
1/2tbsp corn flour
some chocolate chips
1. Beat egg white over high speed for 1min till foamy,
add in tartar and continue to beat.
2. Gradually add in icing sugar and beat till soft peaks formed.
3. Add in corn flour and continue beat till stiff peaks formed.
4. Mix coffee and cocoa powder together, add into egg white mixture.
Slowly combine well.
5. Pipe the egg white mixture (meringue) on the baking
tray that line with non-stick baking paper, place a chocolate chip on top.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 70c for 75mins or adjust accordingly
to your type of oven with low temperature and long baking
time till dry and cripsy.
7. Remove pan from oven, not more than 2mins
(don’t wait too long otherwise it will became sticky),
try to peel off a meringue and it should come off easily if done.
Otherwise, put back into oven and continue to bake.
8. Store in air-tight container straightaway (don’t wait to cool).
**Don’t have a air-tight container, you can store in used
Milo or milk powder tin, very useful as it is able to maintain
the crispyness of this cookie.